Anstr's Run und Fest
Potomac Overlook Regional Park
Fest: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 5:00 PM
Participants in the 2005 party
This will be the 17th and last annual Anstr Davidson Run und Fest. All streaks have to end some time. This one ends now. Don't miss the last fling!
The run part is no longer a big deal. We will just run a little to have an excuse for the party later. As usual, you need not come to the run to go to the fest.
The party will start at 5 pm at Anstr's house. All VHTRC members, volunteers at VHTRC events, and their guests are invited. Come to both the run and the party or either one. All is free, but please RSVP to the party. The party is sponsored by the long defunct Old Anstruther Brewery.
The first event had a 50km run. Over the years, the run has gotten shorter. It is now a mere token of its former self. Come meet at Potomac Overlook Regional Park and we will have a run. Run as long or short as you want. I doubt that anyone will run 50km. Most will run about 10 miles or so. The run is not a big deal. The run will not have course markings. It's mainly on the Potomac Heritage Trail. If you don't know the way, you need to run with someone else. Directions to Potomac Overlook Regional Park
The party starts at 5 pm at the Davidson abode on Saturday, June 25. There will be food (burgers (including veggie-type), potato salad, cole slaw) and drink (primarily beer, wine, and soft drinks). The party is outside. If it rains, there is some shelter, but bring shoes you don't mind getting wet. Due to the California influence on this event, very casual dress is appropriate. Shoes, shirts, et al. are optional.
Registration: There is none. But please RSVP if you are coming to the party. You may do this by sending e-mail to Anstr at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving your RSVP, full directions will be sent, including directions for coming on the Metro which is highly recommended for those without designated drivers. (We are less than a 10 minute walk to the East Falls Church Metro.)
If you want to bring a small, favorite summer dish that would be fine, but not necessary . (Beer or wine is ok to bring too!) Let us know when you RSVP.
FAQs: Here are some common questions:
- I don't like to run, I don't want to run, but I want to come to the party. May I?
- May I bring anything?
- You don't need to bring anything, but if you want to, you may bring a small, summer dish. Contact Brenda if you have questions about this.
- I am a guy and can't cook.
- It is ok to bring beer, but we will have plenty unless Anstr is there.
- Isn't this Anstr's Birthday? Should I bring a present?
- The first running of this event was the big FIVE OH for Anstr but that was long ago. Don't bring a present. Anstr didn't give you a b'day present, did he?
- Will there be drug testing?
- Who let Joe in here?
- Is there a lottery to get into this event?
- No, but you can suck up to me anyway, if you want.
- Is this an event only for runners? Will I be bored listening to people talk about training, splits, cut-off times, and who won Western $tates?
- There will be acquaintances from Anstr's former work and neighbors at this party also. This is not just a running party. Think of something intelligent to say that does not relate to running. Better start thinking now. This could be tough.
- Why is the party scheduled the same day as Western $tate's?
- Montrail/North Face didn't pay us enough money to move. Sorry, W$!
- What happened to this Web page?
- We hired a contractor and spent $1.2 million to do a major revision of this Web page. It has gone from crappy 1998 style to crappy 2005 style. Some day, it will be "Web 2.0" but by then the real Web will be 3.0. This Web page is optimized to be useable even by people with serious alcoholic impairment. It probably sucks on your iPhone, but we wouldn't know about that because even though Verizon now has an iPhone, we are still locked into our iPhone wannabe, aka, a Droid, not that we are bitter..
Hostess Brenda with Anstr
Run Start in 2006. Note appropriate ratio of women to men.