How to Find the Bull Run Marina
There are two ways to get to Bull Run Marina. I recommend the second way. The Marina is a little further than the other trailheads so allow a little more time. ...Bull Run Marina Web Page
From the Beltway (I-495):
- Take Exit 5, Braddock Road west 1.7 miles to the double left turn onto Burke Lake Road; travel 4.7 miles to the juncture where Burke Lake Road becomes Clifton. Continue to the intersection of Clifton Road and Wolf Run Shoals (four way stop). About two miles from this point, turn left on Henderson Road. (There is a sign pointing to the Marina at this intersection but it does not face you if you are coming this way. Look for Henderson Road. As you make the turn, you should see the sign to the Marina.) Go south on Henderson until you get to Old Yates Ford Road and go a short way to the park. Parking is on both the left and the right of the road. If you cross the Occoquan River, you have gone too far. (Extra credit: If you want to save some time, turn off of Clifton on Maple Branch Road, about half a mile short of Henderson. This takes you down to Henderson more quickly and saves up to a mile.)
- Take I-66 off the Beltway going west toward Front Royal (don't go inbound toward Washington). (Note: I-66 East of the Beltway is restricted to high occupancy vehicles (HOV) during weekday rush hours. West of the Beltway, there is an HOV lane, but non-HOV traffic may use the road at all times.)
- Go about 10 miles to Exit 55, the Fairfax County Parkway. Take the exit south toward Springfield.
- Go about a mile south on the Fairfax County Parkway to the first exit, and go West on Lee Highway, Hwy 29
- Go west on Lee Highway for over a mile or so to the signal at Clifton Road. Go left (south) at this signal.
- Take Clifton Road south, through the signal at Braddock Road then about four miles down to Clifton. Just before the town of Clifton, the road comes to a "T" intersection. There is a stop sign if you go straight, but you bear right and only have a Yield sign.
- Go into the town of Clifton. Cross the railroad tracks. Stay straight.
- In Clifton, you come to a three way stop. Turn left staying on Clifton Road. (You would go straight here were you going to Hemlock Overlook.) If you go straight at this point, you will be on Kincheloe Road and you can get to the Marina, but it turns into a dirt road and is not good to drive on.
- Follow Clifton Road until Henderson Road goes off to the right. Look for a sign pointing to the Marina. Turn right on Henderson.
- Follow Henderson until you get to Old Yates Ford Road. Bear right. (Actually, this is more of a "go straight." Henderson goes off to the left.) The Marina is less than a mile. Parking is on either side of road. If you cross the Occoquan River, you have gone too far.
Open Map in New Window (for printing)
Virginia Happy Trails Running Club
Home | News | Events | Membership | Members Only | Photos
Bull Run Run 50 | Massanutten Mt. Trails 100 | Training Runs | Links