Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 Mile Run
Massanutten Mt Trails 100
2014 Report, Results, and Information
New Record Holder Angela Shartel
Photo: James Williams
The male and female winners were noteworthy. Angela Shartel, from San Diego, California, bettered Eva Pastalkova's MMT event record by over 36 minutes. (It is not right to speak of "course" records at MMT because the course has varied so many times. But Angela ran the same course Eva did in 2012 when she set the record.)
Karl Meltzer came back for his sixth MMT finish. He won for the fourth time. He held off Brian Rusiecki, James Blandford, and Pierre Loic Deragne who chased him all day.
Come back to this again soon for much more information on this page.
Four-time MMT Winner, Karl Meltzer
Photo: James Williams
- Splits These now have all the splits filled in. (We had to extrapolate a few of them.) Also, the splits can now display a sorted list of the runners' section times. Who was the fastest over Kerns Mountain? You can find out.
- Photos Please Read the Photo Usage Policy -- Bib Numbers to ID Runners If you have pictures you want to share, please send a link to them to Anstr Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Links to photos will open a new browser window or tab. That will make it easier to get back here.
- Bob Fabia - The Camp on Friday morning. See why the start had to move
- James Williams - Edinburg Gap and Elizabeth Furnace Aid Stations
- Paul Encarnacion - Check in and at the Woodstock Tower Aid Station.
- Rob Dolan - Shawl Gap, most runners
- Joe Azze - Several places on the course
- Joe Azze - a video
- Ryan Paavola - Start, Elizabeth's Furnace and Habron Gap Aid Stations
- Kirstin Corris - Finish Line
- Anstr Davidson - Just a few
- Reports - send a link to yours!
- Historical Data Updated with 2014 Results
- Event Records and Five and Ten Year Finishers Lists Angela Shartel set new Overall Female and Master Female records and Gary Knipling set a new Septuagenarian record. Gary Knipling still leads all multi-year finishers with 17. Susan Donnelly is the female with the most finishes (13). Rande Brown and Greg Trapp joined the 10-time finishers.
- All Time Finishers Lists Search function allows you to obtain all historical information on one runner or sorted lists of prior finishers by sex, age, etc. Updated with 2014 results.
- Visitors List The following people joined the Visitors List this year - David Woll, Ed Walsh, Ron Kappus, Peter Daly, Holly Bugin, Anthony Welch, Douglas Fisher, Karen Kanke, Karla Holgers, Daniel Duggan, Jim Chaney, David Ahn, Katie Raezer, and Stacy Gautsch. Three people got off: Shelly Cable, Peter Diak, and Alan Lagon.
- Updates Posted During the Event
- Live Updates (posted during the event)
Camp Entrance Road on the Morning of Check In
Photo: Bob Fabia
Submissions: We welcome the submission of reports and photos that we will either post here or link to. Contact Anstr Davidson at email@example.com in this regard.
Contact the Race Director: Comments or questions about the event should go to Kevin Sayers the race director. (Issues relating to the Web site or data errors should go to Anstr Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
This year's MMT finishing rate was, for the second year in a row, above the event's average.
Finishing Rate by Sex
The battle between the sexes was a draw.