Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 Mile Run
2014 Aid Stations and Cutoff Times
Note on Cutoff Times: The cut-off times on this page are the same as were used in 2011 through 2013. They assume an even pace which few, if any, runners can maintain. You should not rely on these times as predictions that a runner can finish if he or she complies with any one of them. You might want to consult the 2011 splits, 2012 splits, or 2013 splits for that.
The opening times are primarily for the volunteers and do not predict actual arrival of the first runner.
Times with gray background are on Sunday.
|Caroline Furnace Camp||0||0||4:00||5:00||Start|
|#1 - Moreland Gap||4.1||4.1||4:20||none||No||No||1|
|#2 - Edinburg Gap||8.1||12.1||5:40||7:50||Yes||Yes|
|#3 - Woodstock Tower||8.2||20.3||7:10||10:30||No||Yes||7|
|#4 - Powells Fort||5.6||25.8||8:00||12:10||No||No||7|
|#5 - Elizabeth Furnace||7.5||33.3||9:30||14:30||Yes||Yes||*|
|#6 - Shawl Gap Parking||4.7||38.0||10:20||16:10||Yes||Yes|
|#7 - Veach Gap Parking||3.1||41.1||10:50||17:05||No||Yes||*|
|#8 - Indian Grave Trailhead||9.0||50.1||12:00||none||No||No|
|#9 - Habron Gap Parking||3.9||54.0||13:00||21:00||Yes||Yes||2||*|
|#10 - Camp Roosevelt||9.8||63.9||14:45||01:15||Yes||Yes||3||*|
|#11 - Gap Creek/Jawbone I||5.8||69.6||15:45||03:45||Yes||Yes||4||*|
|#12 - Visitor Center||8.5||78.1||17:15||07:30||Yes||Yes||5||*|
|#13 - Bird Knob||3.5||81.6||18:00||none||No||No||6|
|#14 - Picnic Area||6.4||87.9||19:00||11:00||Yes||Yes||*|
|#15 - Gap Creek/Jawbone II||8.9||96.8||20:30||14:00||Yes||Yes||4||*|
|Caroline Furnace Camp||6.9||103.7||21:30||16:00||Finish||*|
- Limited aid -- just fluids.
- The aid station is at the Fosters Landing parking lot.
- Water and toilet facilities available at this aid station. This aid station is a mile from the start/finish.
- Crews must park on east side of road. That's the same side of the road that the aid station is on -- the left side of the road as you come from Camp Roosevelt and the right side as you come from 211. Aid stations #11 and #15--Gap Creek/Jawbone I and II--will be located at the same point.
- There will be an unmanned aid station (No Crew Access) at the trailhead where the Kern's Mountain trail meets Crisman Hollow Road at approxmately 76 miles. This is approximately two miles before the Visitor Center aid station.
- The Bird Knob Aid station will be at the gate at the end of "ant hill road." There is no cutoff at Bird Knob, and you can't get a ride out from there unless you are seriously injured.
- The cutoff times at the aid stations with note 7 are recommendations only. We believe that you will not complete the course if you do not achieve them. However, we will not require you to withdraw if you miss the recommended cutoff times at these aid stations. You can't get a ride out unless you are seriously injured. All aid stations begin break down at the cutoff time. If you go on past an optional cutoff, the next aid station may not be in tact.