James, Frank, Joe, Anstr, and Phil in Santa Monica Mountains
Here are links to some pictures of club events. Some of these pictures are large--watch for slow downloads. Please send contributions to Anstr.
On the Trail:
Just standing around:
- Joe Clapper at Uwharrie 98
- Derrick Carr and Chris Scott on the tail at the 98 HAT Run
- Derrick, Chris (with horns) Joe, and Anstr on Dickey Ridge Trail overlooking Browntown (58k).
- Ed Demoney on Bird Knob Trail overlook to west of Shenandoah Valley (62k).
- Anstr, Scott, Paul W., Chris, Derrick, Joe on cold winter run at Browntown loop. (130k)
- One of our best winter runs. About 4 miles in 5 hours! (45k)
- End of a training run on Bull Run Trail at Fountainhead Regional Park.
- Ron and Gary Knipling coming into and going out of Elizabeth Furnace aid station (95 miles) at MMT 97.
The Point Mugu 50-50:
- Robin and Michelle Kane after their third place finishes at the HAT run 98
- Group at HAT Run
- VHTRC 24 Hour Relay Team--August 94 Boy, was this stupid!
- Chris (with propeller), Joe, and Anstr at Woman's Distance Festival (50k)
- Larry (Roger above), Anstr, Dennis (eyes covered by David), Doug above, Joe, ?, Ed, Tim, Chris (114k)
- Rebecca and James Moore, Jean Lichtenburger (?), and Jeanne Christie staying warm after the Red Eye 50k, January 1, 1998.
- Jeanne Christie toasting the New Year at the Red Eye 50k, January 1, 1998.
- At the finish of the MMTR, fall 97
1998 Trail Work Party
- Pictures from Point Mugu Non-Event 1998
Following are from 1997
- Phil still way to early to be feeling any pain. (469k)
- Kathy, Elaina, and Chuck enjoying early miles on Overlook Trail (hey, Chris, this ain't a trail!) (105k)
- View from Overlook crossroads aid station toward Tri Peaks(529k)
- Bill Kee, being redirected by Chris onto course. (469k).
- Paul Walczak and James Moore Clearing the Massanutten Mt. West Trail
- James and Rebecca Moore and Paul Walzak clearing trail
- Rest break on the trail.
- Bill Sublett, Rebecca, and Paul at the end. Is that the official liquid of the VHTRC?
- T.J. Hawk and David Horton in last mile and half.
- Joe Jurczyk and Paul Walczak on bridge to Roosevelt Island at finish.
- John Weitzel on bridge.
- Eliza MacLean on bridge.
- Dick Good on bridge (gate which is actual finish line is visible on right.
- John DeWalt on bridge.
- Jeanne Christie at end of day two.
- Ed Demoney at Compton Gap, day two.
- James Moore at Compton Gap, day two.