This 19.7 mile figure-eight loop features some of the rockiest terrain in the Massanuttens. Other than the 1.8 miles on State Route 613 (which is gravel), the entire run is on trail. This is an excellent training run for anyone interested in doing the Massanutten Mountain Trails 100, Old Dominion 100, or Elizabeth Furnace 50 km, as various sections of those events are incorporated into this run.
- Leave the ignal Knob Parking Lot on the orange-blazed Massanutten Trail.
- Mile 0.5: At sign, bear left following Tuscarora/Massanutten Trails to Elizabeth Furnace.
- Mile 0.8: Continue straight across Passage Creek bridge through parking lot to Sherman Gap Trail (pink blaze).
- Mile 4.3: At ridge crest, turn right on Massanutten Trail (orange blaze).
- Mile 4.4: Turn left on Sherman Gap Trail (pink blaze).
- Mile 6.6: Turn right on Panandle Road (State Route 613).
- Mile 8.5: Turn right into Vaech Gap parking lot. Tuscarora Trail (blue blaze) is past the gate. This is a good place to drop aid.
- Mile 10.1: Cross over ridge onto Massanutten Mountain Trail (orange blaze).
- Mile 11.1: At trail intersection, continue on Massanutten Mountain Trail (orange blaze).
- Mile 14.2: Intersect with Sherman Gap trail and continue straight on Massanutten Mountain Trail (orange blaze).
- Mile 16.5: Arrive at Shawl Gap. At sign, follow Massanutten Mountain Trail (orange blaze) to Elizabeth Furnace.
- Mile 18.9: Cross Passage Creek bridge and continue on Massanutten/Tuscarora Trails (orange/blue blazes).
- Mile 19.2: At sign, bear right following Massanutten Mountain Trail (orange blaze) to Signal Knob Parking Lot.