Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 Mile Run
The Caroline Furnace Lutheran Camp offers great opportunities for inexpensive lodging at the start. This is rustic (think summer camp), but comfortable. There are three types of lodging available. All are located a short distance from the start/finish area.
See the camp map for the approximate locations of these sleeping locations.
- Cabin bunks. There are six cabins available. Each unit has bunk beds, sleeps 12, and has a half bath. The cabins are clustered near the bathhouse. The bathhouse has showers. You will share a cabin with others. More on Camp Web site
- Sukkah cots. There are six sukkahs available. Each sukkah sleeps eight. These are "three-season" cabins with screened walls. There is no electricity and no bathroom facilities in the units. There is a central bathroom building nearby. The bathroom building has electricity. The sukkahs are a little further from the start (about ¼ mile further), but they are quieter. More on Camp Web site
- Camping. Tent and car camping is available. (Sleeping in your car is considered camping, and you must pay for it.) Camping is permited near the cabins or the sukkahs and their bathhouses. No hard-sided campers (RVs, etc. are allowed.)
The cost for the weekend (Friday through Sunday, but not Sunday night) of these facilities is:
Cabin bunks: $30 per person.
Sukkah cots: $10 per person.
Camping: $10 (additional people in same tent or car $5).
- Check-in is not earlier than 9 a.m., Friday, May 13. If your travel arrangements require an early arrival on Thursday, then you must pre-arrange that with the Race Director. We will allow a maximum of 10 runners to check in on Thursday. Thursday check-ins are invited to join race management and trail volunteers at the Retreat House for Thursday dinner and conversation. You're still required to pay for camping, but the cost of dinner is a beverage donation to serve six people. Left over beverage will then be donated to the volunteers for the duration of the race.
- You will need to supply your own bedding, pillows, towels, toiletries, etc.
- The cabins and the sukkahs have matresses.
- You will need a flashlight to navigate at night. There are no lights or electricity in the sukkahs.
- No dogs are permitted anywhere on the Camp property. Do not bring your pet.
If summer camp isn't for you, you can consult our guide to motels in the area.
Reserving and Paying for Camp Accommodations
You may reserve accommodations now.
Use this form to make a reservation. Remember, you need to be on the entrants list to make a reservation. You can use this form to reserve housing, meals, or both.