Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 Mile Run
Massanutten Mt Trails 100
2012 Report, Results, and Information
Jason Lantz with RD Kevin Sayers
Photo: Anstr Davidson
Jason Lantz won the 18th Massanutten Mountain 100 Mile in 19:33:18. Eva Pastalkova lowered her event record by almost a half hour in winning the women's division and placing sixth overall. Jack Pilla was fourth overall and the first Senior runner. His time took hours off the Senior record. (Eva and Jack continue the MMT tradition of setting records without crews or pacers.) The weather was great. There was no rain and no mud. The finish line featured good, hot food for 18 hours thanks to the efforts of Team Gaylord.
We will have more information here soon. In the meantime, a huge thank you to all who marked the course, manned the aid stations, radioed the times, and manned the start/finish.
Gary Knipling Finishes his 15th MMT
Photo: Anstr Davidson
- Splits These now have all the splits filled in. (We had to extrapolate a few of them.) Also, the splits can now display a sorted list of the runners' section times. Who was the fastest over Kerns Mountain? You can find out.
- Photos Please Read the Photo Usage Policy -- Bib Numbers to ID Runners Our usual photographers were not on out there, but if you have pictures you want to share, please send a link to them to Anstr Davidson at email@example.com
Note: Links to photos will open a new browser window or tab. That will make it easier to get back here.
- Scott Millar - Veach Gap Aid Station (most runners)
- Stephanie Wilson - Visitor Center Aid Station
- Debbie Morrin-Nordlund - Pictures of early finishers
- Jack Kurisky - Many pictures from several places on the trail
- Michelle Matys - On the trail
- Jason Griffith - Several locations
- Kirstin Corris - Veach Gap and the Visitors Center
- Anstr Davidson - at the Camp
- Reports (Most are off-site blogs)
- Historical Data Updated with 2012 Results
- Event Records and Five and Ten Year Finishers Lists Eva Pastalkova lowers her female record and Jack Pilla sets a new Senior record. Gary Knipling leads all multi-year finishers with 15. Susan Donnelly is the female with the most finihes (11). Bob Combs and Leonard Martin joined the 10-time finishers. Five people joined the list of five-time finishers.
- All Time Finishers Lists Search function allows you to obtain all historical information on one runner or sorted lists of prior finishers by sex, age, etc. Updated with 2012 results.
- Visitors List Eleven people joined the Visitors List this year. Three got off: Joanne Fenninger, Scott Martin, and Thomas McNulty.
- Updates Posted During the Event
- Live Updates (posted during the event)
Eva Pastalkova at the Picnic Area aid station
Photo: Jack Kurisky
Lady Slipper on Short Mountain
Photo: Ray Gruenewald
Submissions: We welcome the submission of reports and photos that we will either post here or link to. Contact Anstr Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org in this regard.
Contact the Race Director: Comments or questions about the event should go to Kevin Sayers the race director. (Issues relating to the Web site or data errors should go to Anstr Davidson at email@example.com.)
This year's MMT had a slightly lower finishing rate than last year. This year's rate is just about the overall finishing rate.
Finishing Rate by Sex
In the battle between the sexes, the women came out ahead of the men again. These data are about the same as last year.
The finish line on Sunday morning. Decorations by Team Gaylord