Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 Mile Run
Schedule of Events
This is the schedule for entry for the 2013 MMT. The tentative schedule for race weekend is also listed but not final. Some entry deadlines have a time of day as well as date. Be sure to consult the entry page.
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
All requests for entry fee scholarships must be received by this date. More info
Saturday, December 1
Application for entry to the 2013 MMT opens on the Web site. More info
Friday, December 7
Application for entry closes.
Monday, December 10
Wednesday, December 12 (not later than)
Beginning of time for lottery "winners" to pay and "losers" to join the waiting list.
Friday, January 4, 2013
Time for lottery "winners" to pay and "losers" to join the wait list ends. Checks for wait list must be received by this day.
Wednesday, January 16
Waiting list reopens for any qualified runner to join at the end of the wait list. (In 2012, no one who joined at this point was able to run the race.)
Thursday, March 1
First day to reserve accommodations at the Camp. More information
Monday after Bull Run Run 50
Last day to withdraw and receive an entry fee refund less $25. You may withdraw after this date, but your refund will be smaller.
Tuesday, May 7
Last day to withdraw and receive an entry fee refund less $50. Last day to move from waiting list to entrants list. Final entrants list with race numbers will be posted on the Web site shortly after this date.
Friday, May 17
- 2:00 p.m.
- Check in/packet pickup begins
- Drop bag collection begins
- 4:00 p.m.
- Pre-Race Briefing (check-in suspended during the briefing)
- 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
- Pre-race meal
- 6:45 p.m.
- Drop bag collection ends. No more drop bags may be submitted after this time.
- 8:00 p.m.
- Check in/packet pickup ends. (Check in is open until 8 p.m. as a convenience to runners. Other activities like food and drop bag delivery end before 8 p.m.)
Saturday, May 18
- 3:00 a.m.
- Late packet pickup
- Coffee and donuts available for runners (and others after the start)
- All runners must check in
- 4:00 a.m.
- 9:40:45 p.m.
- Sim Kae Duk, male event record holder, finishes in 2006 (adjusted for 4 a.m. start)
- 10:00 p.m.
- Finish area kitchen/grill opens
Sunday, May 19
- 2:01:54 a.m.
- Eva Pastalkova, female event record holder, finishes in 2012
- 3:00 p.m.
- Awards Ceremony
- 4:00 p.m.
- Course closes
- Finish area kitchen/grill closes
- All drop bags must be picked up. No drop bags will be mailed!
- 7:00 p.m.
- Camp closes and all must leave. Be sure you have your drop bags and other belongings. You may not stay over Sunday night.