Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 Mile Run
Massanutten Mt Trails 100
2011 Report, Results, and Information
Eva Pastalkova on way to new women's event record
Photo: Bobby Gill
It's a tough call to pick the lead for the 2011 MMT. Karl Meltzer won his third MMT while Eva Pastalkova set a new event record, bettering Sue Johnston's 2005 mark by eight minutes. There were 132 finishers in challenging weather. It did not rain that much during the event, but there was plenty of rain before it. It was warm and humid during the day and got a bit cool at night.
The start/finish was dominated by a very large tent that provided a focal point for all activity and a refuge from the storm that nature sent during the awards ceremony. Overall, it was a typical May weekend in Virginia.
- Splits Times of arrival at each aid station for each runner plus sorted section times.
- Photos Please Read the Photo Usage Policy -- Bib Numbers to ID Runners
Note: Links to photos will open a new browser window or tab. That will make it easier to get back here.
- Aaron Schwartzbard Great shots from several places on the course
- Bobby Gill Many pictures from all over the course and at the finish line
- Teresa Sukiennicki Most runners at Habron Gap
- Terry Ottina Finish area including several finishers
- Miriam Wilcox Runners around husband Adam at Eliz Furn, Habron, and finish
- Deb Nordlund Setting up the finishing "victory lap" and a few finishes
- Anstr Davidson Not very good pictures, but he got the winner finishing!
- Reports (* off site)
- Mark Leuner*
- Alan Holtz*
- Tim Hardy*
- Eric Grol
- Rob Colenso*
- Jack Andrish
- Adam Wilcox*
- Kristina Folcik*
- Runner Survey
- Historical Data Updated with 2011 Results
- Event Records and Five and Ten Year Finishers Lists Eva Pastalkova set a new female record and Karl Meltzer improved his male Master record. Gary Knipling moved from his tie with Tom Sprouse and leads all multi-year finishers with 14. Susan Donnelly and Bob Anderson joined the 10-time finishers. Six people joined the list of five-time finishers.
(Note: The back of the volunteers' name tags listed Sue Johnston's Master record, not her previous overall record. Eva broke the overall record by eight minutes. Sue still holds the Master record.)
- All Time Finishers Lists Search function allows you to obtain all historical information on one runner or sorted lists of prior finishers by sex, age, etc. Updated with 2011 results.
- Updates Posted During the Event
- Live Updates: If you followed the updates during the event, please read the post mortem posted there.
Visitor Center Aid Station
Photo: Aaron Schwartzbard
Bob Anderson and Susan Donnelly receive their golden 10 year buckles
Photo: Bobby Gill
Submissions: We welcome the submission of reports and photos that we will either post here or link to. Contact Anstr Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org in this regard.
Contact the Race Director: Comments or questions about the event should go to Kevin Sayers the race director. (Issues relating to the Web site or data errors should go to Anstr Davidson at email@example.com.)
This year's MMT had the about the same finishing rate as last year. That rate is above average.
Finishing Rate by Sex
In the battle between the sexes, the women came out ahead of the men. Interestingly, there were far fewer women who started the run this year (24) than last (36) even though there were more people in the 2011 entrants field.
Gary Knipling finishes his 14th MMT